Thursday, July 23, 2009

Exercise Break

Painters

As I have mentioned several times now, my wife and I have just recently purchased our first house and have been working diligently (she's doing the majority of the work, I mainly just act as if I am doing something) to make this house our home. So between motorcycle shows, the house closing and a ton of painting my exercise routine has gone downhill. The last time that I pushed myself physically was last Friday at the hotel gym where I ran on the elliptical machine for an hour while a bunch of old men sat around watching Fox News… talk about a test of strength.

So it is back again to trying to find that balance between work, home, exercise and creativity. I do have to say that even though I am upset about the loss of training time, I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my wife as we start a brand new chapter in our lives together. Awww… I know, it sickens me as well. But if I had to choose between sweating my butt off or spending quality time with my family, I will always choose family because I love them and it usually doesn’t consist of hard manual labor.

Of course we haven’t been working alone either. Steph’s mom has been over every day helping us prep and paint and my dad stopped by unexpectedly the other day and mowed our whole yard for as since I have yet to get my own lawn mower. I love our family.

Tomorrow is Fat Friday, so be prepared for another addition to those pictures that you love so much. Don’t be expecting anything great in the way of weight loss however as I am guessing that my weight will still be hovering around 290 if not more. I really do need to kick it into high gear seeing that there are only 15 days left until the big event. I am so not ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment